2D Artist (6 month contract)
This position will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a 2D product with a focus on creating Characters, Objects, and Modular Components using traditional fine art and technical art skills. Establishing the games artistic style, development pipelines, technical parameters, quality standards, and production goals. Creating conceptual designs, 2D sprites, animations, UI, and FX. Must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with the other team members and evaluate the in game results of own work.
- Works with other team members to define the visual style of the game and the technical processes needed to put those results on screen. This entails researching and testing which techniques or tools most help the game meet its goals.
- Capable of managing the interplay between art and game design to ensure that goals are realistic and feasible within the budget and time allowed.
- Prepared to be involved in problem solving for all aspects of the games development and seek out solutions to complex problems.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Clearly communicate updates and properly escalate concerns to the rest of the team.
Engient is a newly formed independent game developer in San Fransisco, with two co-founders who are striving to engineer entertainment. Our goal is to make games that connect with players conceptually, and that payout in fun every time they pick up the controller.
- Traditional fine art skills and training (illustration, painting, organic forms, manufactured forms, costumes, color theory, 2D design).
- 2D software such as Photoshop or similar.
- Familiarity with source control and related concepts.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to: work-flow, tools, particle systems, etc.
- Modern 2D (not pixel art) development experience.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Being able to work in San Francisco CA.
Apply via email@example.com
Engient Inc (Studio 6)
340 Bryant St
San Francisco, CA 94107
Note: Please do not send original works, as we will not be able to return them.
Engient is a recently formed independent game developer located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Ian Slutz & Jason Earp decided to combine their expertise in game design, programming and player controls to engineer entertainment. With nearly 10 titles shipped we have over 13 years of experience in the video game industry and have worked on games ranging from Tomb Raider Legend to Drawn to Life The Next Chapter to the Maximo game series.
We are excited to be independently developing a 2D game that reflects our love of games and of interesting challenges. This website will feature more updates as we are closer to sharing our creation, but in the mean time we will try and put something up each week. Also, come back soon since we will be posting our first job rec shortly.